Rotary Foundation District Scholarships 2017-18
- District 6460 offers scholarships through The Rotary Foundation Grants process.
- The scholarship consists of $3000 payable to a College, University or Approved Vocational
School for Tuition and/or Books
- Lives in, goes to school in, or graduated from a school in, District 6460.
- Completed a minimum of 24 credit hours of University Credits and have completed one
year of instruction at a college, university or certified trade school.
- Pursuing a degree in one of the following six areas of focus for Rotary International:
1. Water and Sanitation
2. Basic Education and Literacy
3. Disease Prevention and Treatment
4. Maternal and Child Health
5. Economic and Community Development, or
6. Peace and Conflict Prevention/ Resolution
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) as certified by the official transcript.
- Students may be asked to provide evidence of successful completion of program/courses.
Without sufficient proof of completion, student may be required to repay the scholarship.
Application Process: The application process for 2017-18 is now closed.
- The following students are NOT ELIGIBLE to receive this scholarship
(a) Previous recipients of the District 6460 Scholarship
(b) Students pursuing graduate degrees
(c) A Rotarian or Honorary Rotarian(d) Employee of a Rotary Club or District of Rotary International or of
another Rotary-affiliated entity
(e) Spouse, lineal descendant (child or grandchild by blood, adopted or not adopted) a spouse of lineal descendant, or
an ancestor (parent or grandparent) of any living person in categories (c) or (d). Any Rotarian and their relatives as
described above remain ineligible to receive this scholarship for 36 months after resignation from Rotary.
Rotaract and past Interact students are eligible if the above guidelines do not exclude them.
Kris Rosentreter, District 6460 Rotary Scholarship Chair
514 E. 2nd South St.
Carlinville, IL 62626-1838