District Assembly 2020
Date: April 25, 2020
Location: Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield
Plenary sessions will be held in the campus’ Trutter Center
Breakout sessions in the Millennium Center and Montgomery Hall
Purpose of the District Assembly
- To prepare incoming club leaders for their year in office and build their leadership team
- To give the District Governor Elect and incoming Assistant Governors and District Committees the opportunity to motivate club leadership teams and build their working relationship
- Provide members of Rotary clubs the opportunity to learn more about the different programs of Rotary and to have the opportunity to become involved at club and/or district level
- Provide a fellowship experience for the members of the different Rotary clubs of District 6460
Who needs to attend?
- Club Presidents and Presidents Elect to work on transition planning for the coming Rotary year.
- Club Treasurers and Secretaries to receive annual training.
- Club Foundation Chairs to attend mandatory training necessary to receive District and Global Grants.
- Incoming and prospective club board members to learn what Rotary has to offer beyond the club level.
- Newer members to attend specialized “Rotary 101” sessions for orientation purposes.
- Rotaractors to attend special sessions targeted to them.
- Any Rotarian who wants to know more about our great organization!
Click Here for the AGENDA (WHEN AVAILABLE)!
Grants Management Certification Training: Note that, in order to receive Club Grants or Global Grants in Rotary year 2020-21, the following individuals need to have attended grant management training hosted by Rotary District 6460:
- The Club’s President for 2019-2020 (Current Club Presidents);
- The Club’s President for 2020-2021 (Club Presidents Elect); and
- If the Club has more than 25 members, the Club’s Foundation Chair.
If any of these individuals have attended grant management training hosted by Rotary District 6460 in a prior year, they are not required to attend the grant management training a second time, though they are welcome to attend the training for a refresher.
Any Rotarian is free to attend any session at District Assembly. However, this year, we are providing the following suggested “tracks” for different categories of Rotarian to follow. If you do not fit in to one of these categories, do not think that there will not be plenty for you to learn at District Assembly!