District Governor Nominations for 2023-2024
DUE DATE: September 15, 2020
Nomination Period for District Governor 2022-23 Now Open
The nomination period has begun for District Governor for the Rotary Year of 2022-2023. All clubs are encouraged to submit their nominations for an individual who will serve as District Governor during the 2023-24 Rotary year. All suggestions for District Governor Nominee-Designate must be received no later than Friday, September 15, 2020 at 5:00pm to be considered. No late submissions will be accepted. Submissions may be sent to email@example.com or via mail to:
Rotary District 6460 Nominating Committee
C/O DG Maura Donnelly
4153 St. Rt. 160
Highland, IL, 62249
District Governor-Nominee Forms — Candidates proposed by their clubs for selection as District Governor Designate should complete the following forms and forward to the District Governor/Nominating Committee as prescribed by the District Governor
- Rotary International Governor-Nominee Form — Rotary International Form to be Completed by the Candidates and Club (Microsoft Word). (PDF Version)
- Governor Nominee Background Form — Local District Form to be Completed by the Candidate to provide additional background information to the Nominating Committee ( PDF Version).
- Club Resolution — Club Resolution adopted at a regular meeting of the club, naming the suggested candidate. The Club President and Secretary shall certify the resolution. A Club may suggest only one of its own members as a candidate for District Governor Nominee. (Microsoft Word) (PDF Version).
The Bylaws of Rotary International, Article 16.080 states, “a governor at the time of taking office must have attended the International Assembly for its full duration, been a member of one or more Rotary clubs for at least seven years, and must continue to possess the qualifications in section 16.070.” These include:
- A member in good standing of a club in the District.
- The Rotarian must have full qualification for such membership in the strict application of the provisions thereof, and the integrity of the Rotarian’s classification must be without question.
- The Rotarian must have served as president of a club for a full term or be a charter president of a club having served the full term from the date of charter to 30 June, provided that this period is at least six months.
- The Rotarian must demonstrate willingness, commitment, and ability, physically and otherwise, to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the office of governor as provided in section 16.090.
- The Rotarian must demonstrate knowledge of the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of governor as prescribed in the bylaws and submit to RI, through its general secretary, a signed statement that the Rotarian understands clearly such qualifications, duties, and responsibilities. Such statement shall also confirm that the Rotarian is qualified for the office of governor and willing and able to assume the duties and responsibilities of that office and to perform them faithfully.
Interviews of the District Governor Nominee, who would serve as District Governor during the Rotary year, 1 July 2023 – 30 June 2024, will take place on a date to be determined. Individual candidates will be contacted prior with the location and to coordinate their interview time.
Should there be any questions on the duties, obligations, and rewards of being a District Governor, please feel free to contact Maura Donnelly, District Governor, or any Past District Governor, who would be happy to speak with any prospective candidate personally prior to their nomination being submitted.