Rotary Foundation District Scholarships 2020-21
- District 6460 offers scholarships through The Rotary Foundation Grants process.
- The scholarship consists of $3000 payable to a College, University or Approved Vocational
School for Tuition and/or Books
- Lives in, goes to school in, or graduated from a school in, District 6460.
- Completed a minimum of 24 credit hours of University Credits and have completed one
year of instruction at a college, university or certified trade school.
- Pursuing a degree in one of the following six areas of focus for Rotary International:
1. Water and Sanitation
2. Basic Education and Literacy
3. Disease Prevention and Treatment
4. Maternal and Child Health
5. Economic and Community Development, or
6. Peace and Conflict Prevention/ Resolution
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) as certified by the official transcript.
- Students may be asked to provide evidence of successful completion of program/courses.
Without sufficient proof of completion, student may be required to repay the scholarship.
- The scholarship is to be used in the academic year 2020-21 for tuition, books and other university
fees (funds may NOT be used for room and board and other incidental expenses).
Application Process: The application process for 2020-21 is now OPEN
NOTE: All applications must be received by midnight May 31. 2020.
Interviews will be scheduled no later than July 11, 2020.
- The following students are NOT ELIGIBLE to receive this scholarship
(a) Previous recipients of the District 6460 Scholarship
(b) Students pursuing graduate degrees
(c) A Rotarian or Honorary Rotarian
(d) Employee of a Rotary Club or District of Rotary International or of
another Rotary-affiliated entity
(e) Spouse, lineal descendant (child or grandchild by blood, adopted or not adopted) a spouse of lineal descendant, or
an ancestor (parent or grandparent) of any living person in categories (c) or (d). Any Rotarian and their relatives as
described above remain ineligible to receive this scholarship for 36 months after resignation from Rotary.
- Rotaract and past Interact students are eligible if the above guidelines do not exclude them
1. Submit a typed essay, 500 words or less, describing your commitment to your Major (which is associated with at least one of the areas of focus of Rotary International listed above) and your career goals.
2. Submit (1) one copy of your official transcript. The transcript should be enclosed in an envelope sealed by your school or it may be mailed directly from your school to:
Lynn Coers, 29494 E CR 2390 N, Manito, IL 61546.
3. You must include three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should NOT be from family members or relatives.
4. Submit your resume. Your resume should include accomplishments and activities achieved during high school and/or college.
5. Essays, resume, transcript, and letters of recommendation must be received no later than midnight, May 31, 2020.
6. Candidates will be selected for interviews which will be scheduled no later than July 11, 2020 (Date subject to change). The decision of the committee is final.
7. Applicants must sign the Eligibility Guidelines (included at the end of the application).
8. Complete the application information on page three and include it along with the following materials assembled in an application packet in the following order:
e. Letters of Reference
9. Send the completed application package to:
29494 E CR 2390 N
Manito, IL 61546
All applications must be received by midnight May 31. 2020. Interviews will be schedule no later than July 11, 2020 (Date subject to change).
Contact and send applications to:
Lynn Coers, District 6460 Rotary Scholarship Chair
29494 E CR 2390 N
Manito, IL 61546